- Blog »
- Major companies that accept cryptocurrency
Major companies that accept cryptocurrency
Written by Davies on / Reading time: 4 minutes.
The use and investment in cryptocurrencies over time is more common. Many companies already accept them as a payment method and, many others, invest in them and create their own. These virtual currencies make the payment easier, more useful, and faster. Who was going to tell us a few years ago that we could now pay a coffee or lunch by just taking our cell phone from our pockets?
Do you know why you have to invest in them and how you should do it? If your answer is no, stay with us.
They're currencies that are decentralized, and what does that mean? It means that they do not belong to any country or government and no law can withhold them. If you want to invest and don't know where to start, the first thing you need to decide is what kind of cryptocurrency you're going to buy. There are more and more cryptos emerging every day, from the pioneer like Bitcoin to others like Ethereum, Litecoin or our own, DAVIES. Afterwards, you will need to open a kind of account through which you will make all the corresponding transactions.
Companies that have created their own cryptocurrency
Some companies instead of using the most common cryptocurrencies, what they do is create their own. An example of it is Kodak (Kodakcoin).
Kodak is a multinational photography, design and production company based in Rochester, New York State. In early 2018, the company announced that it was launching its own digital currency and that it was beginning to invest in the blockchain system. The name of the cryptocurrency they announced is "KODAKCoin" and they stated that it would focus more on the field of photography. Shortly after Kodak communicated its intention to launch its cryptocurrency, its shares increased by 125%.
Companies that allow cryptocurrency as a payment method
Today, you can find endless companies that allow you to use cryptocurrencies as a form of payment. These include hotel, airlines or tourism agencies. Here are some examples:
- Casual Hoteles: This Spanish hotel chain already accepts virtual currencies as a payment method. Of all the hotels you have in Spain, the first one who has tried the method is from Malaga (Hotel Casual del Mar). The idea they have in this hotel chain is to implant this form of payment in all their hotels.
- Dolder Grand Hotel: It is one of the best-known five-star hotels in the Swiss capital. Earlier this year, they announced that they would allow the payment of their hosts through cryptocurrencies. The hotel posted the news on its Twitter account.
- Surf Air: It is one of the airlines that have start using cryptocurrencies as a form of payment. Travelers will be able to use them to perform various actions, such as cancelling a flight or paying a monthly fee of a certain amount of money. For those who pay for it, this last option allows them to fly as many times as they want.
- National Tourist Office of Germany: The organization wants to try to use this payment system that is so famous today. They announced their wishes through a statement. Its chairman stated that the intention of this agency was to benefit from the profitability that these kinds of new technologies offer.
Did you know any of these companies? Do you want to starting using cryptocurrencies? Throw yourself in and take advantage of all its benefits. You won't regret it.